Friday, January 2, 2009

Now that I can post again!!

Here's what has been going on:

Unexpected expenses.
1. Our sump pump died when we got back to town. That was $500. Thank goodness we have an emergency fund! We were able to get it fixed immediately and it didn't affect our finances, we just have to refund the account over the next couple months. We'll do that by lowering our extra credit cards payments a bit. No big deal.

2. Yesterday I was trying to print. It wasn't working. I'm married to a computer guy, so our house is set up a little differently than most. We both have laptops (the kids used to, but we took them away and gave them a desktop that is in the living room, we can see what they are doing at anytime) and then there is a networking computer downstairs.

I don't know if it's really called a networking computer, but that is what I call it. All of the other computers are connected to the main one. It does backups on all of our computers, so if something happens, it's no big deal. It is also connected to the printer. Which means that no matter where I am with my laptop, I can print. (then send one of the kids to the printed downstairs to get it for me)

So, since this 'network' computer died.........A) nothing is getting backed up B) i have to take my laptop downstairs and plug it into the printer.
Most people can live with B ( I can't), but A is a bad thing.
So, Mr. IT hubby is coming up with something. I hope we don't have to buy a new one. Our emergency fund is equipped for that!

3. We don't have a 3 yet. But doesn't everything come in 3's?? Please be the dryer. I really want a new dryer!

Next on the list of going ons.............
I think it deserves a separate post. This one is a little depressing and it's time to end it.

No comments: