Friday, January 2, 2009

My currently reading side bar........and other book notes

I've had some of those books on there for a LONG time!

True Confessions of a Waitress: I'm not sure how long ago I started this. It is very good, especially since I used to waitress (only in bars though, I could never carry all that food!). I used to read it in bed, it's on my bedside table. But, now I'm too tired to read at night. So, I don't know when it will be done.

Simple Abundance: This is a daily book to read. But, I don't read it. It's also on my bedside table. I think my plan for this is: After I work out in the mornings and while I'm laying in bed trying to catch my breath, I'm going to read it. This doesn't give me much time to think about it, or journal, but at least it's a start. Maybe after time I'll start getting up earlier and make time for reflection. (yeah, right!)

A Rare and Curious Gift: This one I just started a couple weeks ago, and my goal is to have it done next week.

Digging to America: it's been moved back to my to be read pile. It was for this month's bookclub, but I can't make it, so I never started the book. It will have to wait for another time.

Saturdays with Stella: I won this one. It is also on my nightstand and hasn't been picked up because I've been falling asleep so quick. It's a quick read though, so I want to be done by next week.

Eat, Pray, Love: I started this in the summer. It's a GREAT book, but more of a summer read. I haven't picked it up since. But, it is on our bookclub list for March, so I need to get working on it again. I will do that in February so that some of it is still fresh in my memory for bookclub.

Find More Time: I've read the first page. I just don't have time for this book. (ha, ha). Ok, seriously, I'm going to start on this one as soon as I'm done with the 3 above. This is one I'm going to be journaling about to. I really need to learn to spend my time better. I enjoy laziness way too much, and feel much better when I'm productive!

Next to be read:
Between Mother and Daughter
The Club Dumas
The Red Tent
That's My Son

On another book note:
I have this book that my son and I read together at least two nights a week. We are really enjoying it.
The Story of the World.

My daughter got this book for Christmas and I think we're going to read it together, at least one night a week. With her schedule, this might be tough, but surely we can find one night!

33 Things Every Girl Should Know about Women's History
I've also won the following books, but they haven't shown up yet. I'm guessing due to the holidays.
I wonder what the protocol is for not receiving a book? Should I let the blogger know? How long should I wait?

Here they are:
Matrimony , won Dec. 23rd
Flirting with Forty, won Dec. 20th
Gods Behaving Badly, won November 19. (this is the one I'm worrying about)

If it weren't for these giveaways on blogs, I don't think I would have found so many good new books! Thanks to all who do this!!!
And I will be hosting some giveaways of my own later in the year!!

2 comments:

Bree said...

Find More Time - LOL. Good one.
Simple Abundance - it took me forever to read this too. Finally I just had to sit and read it like a regular novel.
Kids Books - those look really good. I hope you blog about how you like them.

a real librarian said...

Hey babe - shoot me an email with your address - I won a copy of Gods Behaving Badly and LOVED it, you NEED to read it.

areallibrarian[at]gmail[dot]com