Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Gardening

My son has taken an interest in growing our own vegetables. How can a mother say no to that?

We spent last summer buying books and tools, preparing the area, digging up little trees, weeds, tilling, fencing, etc....

I've joined this online gardening club. I get magazines, books, seeds, and tools from them (for a very low price!).

I'm following gardening blogs.

I have no idea what I'm doing. You will have the pleasure 0f following our progress, or lack of, in a few months. If you have any tips, please share!!

Here is what we have done so far:
Prepped the area
picked the veggies we want
started reading on how to plant said veggies
started buying the tools
sketched a picture of where we will plant said veggies.

I had no idea that you had to start growing things inside before winter is over!! It looks like for our area, we are going to begin this process in March.

No comments: