Friday, January 2, 2009

Another reading challenge


I know I said I was only doing two reading challenges, but I think this one will really work for me!

Do we have any Stephen King fans around here? I've been reading him since I was 12. My mom has EVERY SINGLE BOOK he has ever written! I have about 3/4.
Remember way back when, when he started the Dark Tower Series? Well, I read them all when I was a teenager. Then he took a VERY LONG break from them. Now there are more out, and I own all of them. But, I haven't read any of the new ones, because I wanted to reread the first ones (I couldn't remember them)
But, I haven't started on them.

With this challenge, which says I can reread books, I think I can get on it again!

It's the Serial Readers Challenge!! You just have to read 3 books from a series!

Here are the books I might read:
Stephen Kings Dark Towers (not sure how many I will get through)
Maybe the Shopoholic series?
My daughter has a couple series that I wanted to read, but I don't remember which ones.
James Patterson might have some new ones coming out
I have a friend who keeps talking about some potato society series, I'll have to check this one out.
I'm sure I'll think of more later!!

If I would have been smart about these challenges, I would have done some overlapping. Now I have AT LEAST 27 books I have to read this year, plus the ones for my bookclub and school.

And as I'm getting ready to publish this post, I've found another challenge to do. I'll post it when I get it all figured out!!

No comments: