Friday, January 2, 2009

I'm joining the online reading challenges!

Wow, so there are TONS of these going around. And a lot of people are participating in TONS of them! I'm going to be realistic and carefully pick just a couple. (I don't like to fail!)

The first one I choose:
I'm taking on the #2, buy a book a month and read it. You can click on the picture to get all the details, I'm not very good at details.
Anyways, this challenge will only be 1/2 a challenge for me. I belong to a club that I do buy a book every month. So, that part is not a challenge. Actually reading those books will be the challenge for me!

Here is the second Challenge I'm doing:

Again, click on the picture for all the details. Basically, I need to read 12 books that are in my to be read pile. I have a huge pile, so this one fits great! These are all books that I have, but haven't started reading yet.

1. Digging to America - Anne Tyler
2. Find More Time - Laura Stack
3. Between Mother and Daughter - Judy and Amanda Ford
4. The Secret Life of Bees - Sue Monk Kidd
5. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Mark Haddon
6. Three Cups of Tea - Mortenson and Relin
7. The Club Dumas - Arturo Perex-Reverte
8. Infidel - Ayaan Hirsi Ali
9. The Space Between Before and After - Jean Reynolds Page
10. Sail - James Patterson
11. That's My Son - Johnson
12. The Red Tent - Anita Diamant

I could also have a alternate list, but I don't think I'll do that.


Ok- there they are! Now, how to keep track? I think I will just start a post and add to it as I go. I'll publish it at the end of the year. (that way it won't get lost and I won't forget anything!)

To those hosting these challenges: I hope it was ok to post them together?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on choosing! I wish my challenge made your top few... but, I'm happy you found some that you like!

Good job!

Bree said...

My book club read Secret Life and I just thought it was horrible. Hope you like it. They all did. Same for 3 Cups of Tea, I really wanted to read this but just could not get into it. Find More Time - let me know if it helps. I could use more time.