Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My week ahead


Well, here is my week ahead post……….
Yesterday I went to work, Calculus class, and Business English. I have to tell you my thoughts about this Business English class.

I read the Syllabus online before going to class, and thinking “what a witch!” It was tough and very strict. When I got to class I was expecting an old woman whose been doing this since before I was born and thought the youth today were horrible and that she was the one to put them on their place.
But, what walked in was not an old woman. It was some Mario Lopez wannabe who looked 10 years younger than I am. Yes, I have a newbie teacher. And he is strict. And he probably doesn’t give a shit that I work full time and have two kids and a husband to take care of. (some teachers do care and I have shamelessly received empathy from them). I hate writing, I hate English. I am always second guessing everything I write. “did I say it correctly?, am I going to be made fun of because I wrote bare instead of bear? and on and on…………” I took English I in 1999 and II in 2002. It’s been awhile since I’ve brushed up on my grammar and whatnot. So, I’m probably not going to do well in Mr. Mario Lopez Wannabe’s Strict English Class.

I think that was my Monday.

Today I was to work all day. Then do homework tonight. Hopefully I will get it done so I have time to read some of Eat, Pray, Love. But, I think my daughter might have chicken pox. DH has her at the Dr. right now.

In my Marketing class we have a team project to do. About the 4 P’s of Marketing, Price, Place, Promotion, and Product. So, I will be reading a lot on those and coming up with questions for us to use for our interview of the VP of Marketing of Fidelity Bank.

Wednesday I have to work and have Calculus. I should have plenty of reading time after the kids are in bed. I hope my new book for the new book club arrives soon so that I can get started on it.

Thursday is work all day. Then daughter has a mandatory parent meeting at her new school. I don’t think I’ve talked about her new school………..I’ll do that soon.

Friday is work, Calculus Class (if anyone out there is a calc whiz, let me know!!) and family night. We will be getting pizza from our fave pizza place around the corner and playing games.

I’m really hoping DH is going to get daughters room finished this week. I don’t have time to deal with it, it was supposed to be done before school started.

I’m hoping this weekend to get caught up and maybe ahead on some of my class work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ugh! I hope it is *not* chicken pox ...

I have a funny story to share about bare/bear ... my husband (JR)attended the same trade show each year that a friend (JT) did. They did this for years, and always got together for a drink after making the rounds of the booths.

JR got a new job and didn't attend the show last year.

JT wrote to me and said "tell JR I can't bare it here without him". Well, of course I got a huge laugh and told him that I hoped he wasn't baring it *with* my husband either.

I use mnemonics all the time to remember the correct way to spell certain words ("dessert" has two s's, like Strawberry Shortcake)

good luck this week!