Friday, January 25, 2008

What to talk about? Sylvan learning center....China...and an interview

Well, I have an interview next Tuesday. It's with another temp agency. The one I was with seemed to have alot of office work, but not bookkeeping and such. This new one has a lot of positions that interest me.
I've also sent my resume to lots of places, but no bites. I'm hoping going with a temp agency again will get me up to date experience and my foot in the door for a dream job.

In the meantime I'm still at the law firm. Drafting letters and scanning. So wonderful.

DH has been gone since Monday and won't be back until next Friday. I've been keeping buys with the kids, my new job search, and pet sits. I'm also planning a surprise birthday party for him. It will be one week after he gets home, so it shouldn't be too hard to keep my mouth shut!

My son is doing great. My daughter is still causing me grief. I got a call yesterday from her math teacher, she has not turned in 7 assignments this month. This is the 3rd time we will be sitting at home doing nothing but math for several days. I would have thought she would have learned by now that it's easier to do them as they come, rather than doing them all in 3 or 4 days.
She is also failing science.
It's not that she CAN'T do it, she just WON'T do it.
I just don't know what to do with her. I guess when she's still in 6th grade next year she might pay attention and do her work.
We're thinking of sending her to Sylvan learning center for tutoring. We've looked into, but it's just so expensive. He school doesn't appear willing to help out in any way, so it looks like we're going to have to just pay for it.
DH is talking to the school when he gets back to voice our concerns and frustrations. I've done it, but they don't seem to listen to me. And I haven't actually gone TO the school to do it. I don't deal well with confrontation ( I tend to be a bitch), so hopefully DH will get somewhere.

I guess that's all for now!! Have a great weekend!

No comments: