Thursday, January 31, 2008

China and snowstorms....

Well, as most of you know, DH has been in China for the last 2 weeks, Guangzhou to be exact. http://tinyurl.com/2lrj5y talks about the snow there. They say it is the worst in 50 years. Power is going out, people are stranded. And it's almost the Chinese New Year. Which means they are all trying to go home for their family reunions and celebrations. So, the train stations and airports are working overtime. IF they are working at all!

Yesterday the airport in Guangzhou was a complete mess. http://tinyurl.com/33th6h
So, DH decides instead of trying to fly to Hong Kong, he will just take the ferry there.
Yes, he made it. Right now he is in Hong Kong, sleeping. When he wakes up, hopefully he will be able to get to the airport and make his flight.

I don't think I can take another day without him. Mainly for selfish reasons, but whatever. He needs to be home. I miss him. The kids are driving me crazy. I'm stressing over my job search. I have plans for Saturday (if he is not here, I will have to cancel). I miss him. I need him here for my sanity.

So, lets all hope that things start to work out and he gets home on time.

If you don't read the articles, this sums them up:
"The “spring rush”, as it is called, is the largest annual movement of people in the world, with a total of 2.38bn journeys over three weeks, surpassing even the Hajj, the Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca. Always a nervous time on the political calendar, this year the largest snow storms in 50 years amplified coal and power shortages to paralyse the transport system, closing train stations in large swaths of the country."

No comments: