Thursday, April 30, 2009

The pigs are making me stressed/scared/angry

We have a vacation planned and paid for to Cabo in July. I'm trying not to think about it, but people will not stop talking about it!! I finally tried to do some research today. They are advising that you cancel any 'non-necessary' trips.

BUT, they are not giving a time frame! Is this just for trips this week, next week, all of May?? What people!!

I keep telling myself that this will be worked out by July. We have 2 months. Surely they will have it all taken care of by then.

And I double checked today that I did indeed purchase the travel insurance. Whew!

Now that I type this out, I'm sounding pretty selfish. I mean there are people really sick and some even dieing, and I'm bitching about a vacation. Oh well, it's a well deserved vacation. And I really do hope they get this under control before more people die. I'm really not that selfish, at least not all the time.

1 comment:

Bree said...

I was thinking about you after this stuff hit the news. You're not being selfish. Vacations in any economy are special, perhaps "once in a lifetime" moments, so I think you are entitle to feel stressed/scared/angry over the whole situation. Hopefully it'll all be cleared up by summer with no more deaths. Fingers crossed, prayers said.