Sunday, October 7, 2007

Woofstock

Woofstock is a yearly fundraiser for our local Humane Society. This is my 3rd year there as a vendor. They have it at the county park, and it is just amazing how many people and dogs show up. Last year there were 10,000 people and 6,000 dogs (if I remember right).

I always get new clients from the event. This year I seemed to have a lot more people that acted genuinely interested. It will be interesting to see how many calls I get.


Of course there are always those assholes who laugh at me. And it was hard this year since business has been so slow. Last year whenever someone laughed, I just told them how much I made in a month then asked them if they came close to that.


Then there are the jerks that can't believe I think I can charge so much. Ummm.............obviously I can, because people do pay it. And I don't charge anymore than anyone else in my area. It's definitely a luxury service and is not for everyone. Honestly I'm glad when people complain, because it shows that they will be a pain in the ass client, and one I should turn down if they pursue it.

Anyways, I can't wait to see how many people showed up this year and how much the Humane Society raised!


Here are some pictures:


This is from our first year there, this lady and her dog were in the look-alike contest.


And here is our dog, taking a break.





My son, petting some St. Bernard.


A picture from last year, this is my booth.

My dog is the real attraction to my booth!


And just a picture of the crowd from last year.

I forgot my camera this year, but DH got some pictures with his blackberry. I'll post them whenever he sends them to me.

No comments: