Sunday, July 27, 2008

I have new books on the way!

Thanks to Amanda I have some new books on their way to me.

My son has been wanting a garden. This year we did some tomato plants in a small area out back. I'm not sure how they are doing, but they are still alive! I know we planted them late, so we may not get any actual tomatoes, but it has been fun watching them grow.

We are preparing a section of our yard for a bigger garden next year. We want watermelon, tomatoes, strawberries, corn, peas, carrots, cucumbers, cantaloupe, potatoes and lettuce.
Well, none of us has ever gardened before. My step-dad did as I grew up, but I was never involved in it, and now we don't speak. So, we are clueless.

But now, I have 2 books on the way to hopefully tell me everything I need to know about gardens. I'm really excited for this next year, I think it will be a great bonding thing for our family!

I also ordered a book that I've been wanting for awhile, Infidel.

I hope they get here right after finals so I have time to read them before fall classes start!! Finals start tomorrow....................

Here are the books I got:

1 "Infidel"
Ayaan Hirsi Ali; Paperback; $10.20

Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
1 "Grow Vegetables: Gardens - Yards - Balconies - Roof Terraces"
Alan Buckingham; Paperback; $13.57

Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
1 "Ferry-Morse - Gardening for "Dummies" - Vegetables (Yellow)"
Lawn & Patio; $9.56

No comments: