Sunday, April 8, 2012

Weight

I've struggled with my weight since 2004.  It was that time that I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism.
Before that I averaged size 7, around 125 pounds.  Now I'm at 190, size 14.

I've stopped talking about, but I need to start again.  Why did I stop talking?  People would assume it's my fault.  They would assume that my thyroid pill would take care of it.  I even had an endocrinologist tell my husband to buy me bigger clothes.

People, a thyroid pill is not a magic cure.  You still have symptoms.  You still struggle with weight.

I don't eat horribly unhealthy food.  I don't eat all the time.  I do move around.  I don't sit on my ass all the time.  Although the more I've struggled with this lately, the more I've sat around.  I'm tired of trying and not seeing any results, so why try?  I trained for and completed a 1/2 marathon last year.  Not a pound lost.

There's my introduction.

No comments: