Thursday, January 26, 2012

Journaling

This has really been helpful.  It keeps me focused, forces me to think about things, and helps me to achieve my goals. 
Before I was trying to do everything at once.  I've recently listed out what I want to do/be,  and rated most important and most work.  I came up with simple things to get by with the least important things, like being a good employee, because I am already that.  For improving my diet, right now I'm just working on eating vegetables everyday. 
The big things have bigger things to do.  Like connecting with my daughter.  That takes a lot of work/planning/ideas.  She is a teenager and mom time is the last thing on her list.

If I were to try to do it all, like I have in the past, then everything would just be mediocre.  This way I can work big on the important stuff, while just getting by with other stuff.  And when that important stuff gets easier, or the goal is met, I can move on and focus more on another area. 

So far it is working and my stress level is more bearable.  Before I just had to have EVERYTHING perfect and NOW.  I'm learning to say ok, this is my focus, let's improve this and then we can look at something else.  And rating things helps: what needs the most work - what am I already good at - what can get by for now and be a focus later -  what can I delegate - who can I ask for help - what area of my life needs me the most right now - and on and on...

My journal is at work (I do it over my lunch break).  I'll make a copy of my list page and talk some more about that this weekend.   Then it might make more sense to the blog world. 


No comments: